Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Soul Bowll Cafe

Soul Bowl Cafe, Dr. MLK Jr. Blvd., Ft. Myers, Fl, Here is some chatter and my 2 cents on the food.

Chatter... First off the staff is great and the sweet tea is wonderful. I was here on a Wednesday at 11 am.

Now the food.    I order the smother pork chop, smother chicken (to go) and peach cobbler. You got a choice of white or yellow rice. Plus a corn muffin.
To be honest I was truly disappointed. Beside the tea the yellow rice was the best part of the meal.   I make better smother chix or pork chop.

( Then for a white boy I have more soul than I can control)

It was 5 bucks & 8 bucks respectively. Just cooked in a plain tasting brown gravy. Pork chop on the tough side..... (I cook with onions, my pork chops falls off the bone. and mine tastes outstanding.)
 ... The corn muffin was just a tad bigger than a golf ball. Also very dry and just as hard.
The peach cobbler was terrible. It was lacking peaches, too much cinnamon, a tough crust ( I could barely cut the crust with a plastic knife.).. ;-(   and a lot of liquid.

I was looking forward to a 5 star, soul food cuisine. NO not at this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment