Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Golden Fork Cafe

www.rholland63.blogspot.com   The Golden Fork Cafe, Cleveland Ave., Fort Myers, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat.
Some chatter. This is a great eatery that caters to us local yokels.. That it is popular with the snowbirds is a happy coincidence . They serve a variety of take home bake goods. Breakfast and lunch time chow is the deal here. Service is great except it may be slow on Sundays  especially during season.
On this day I never had a low cup of java. Someone was always topping me off.
The food. I believe a 4 egg western omelet, house fries, tender fried to a delicate crisp & a freshly baked biscuit. With real butter was my choice of the day. Plus a slice of cantaloupe for garnishment completed the deal. Omelete properly prepared. Though I wish more places would carry hot jalapeno peppers.  But I am surrounded with wimpy and  weak constitutional bellies of old fogeys.
I am fortunate to be an old fogey,60, With a cast iron stomach and NO allergies of any kind.
Eating 4-5 pickle jalapenos at a sitting or loads of hot sauce. If it does not make me sweat it is not worth eating.I like my food like I like my women hot & spicy.
Service was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment