Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hooked Island Grill

www.rholland63.blogspot.com  
Hooked Island Grill, Pine Island Rd., Matlacha, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.
The food. I had 2 meals from here.
1st a dine in.
I order a cup of the clam chowder,5 bucks. It was thick with taters, clams and even some bacon. You know it was house made the taters were unevenly cut.   :-). Nice, a bit mild for me.
Cole slaw a good size portion ,compare to other restaurants around, well balanced tasty.
A fish sandwich. 2 filets...The fish properly fried ,crisp outside ,flaky inside. A stand up bun. The tartar sauce was a mix old skool and new. Good.
2nd meal take home. I was really surprised. I got a biscuit, bbq oven beans and the broasted chicken, dark meat.
The chicken was the best I have had at a local own eatery yet. It was crisp, moist, had flavor  and NOT over salted.
The beans were great ,thick, a bit sweet bbq flavor. Almost as good as MY beans.
Biscuit light and flaky with packs of honey & butter included.
Service was attentive.




No comments:

Post a Comment