Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2017

Blue Dog Bar & Grill

Blue Dog Bar & Grill, Matlacha, FL., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chit chat.
First chit chat. My M.O. is to go at lunch time when the eateries just open to evaluate the food. 95% of the time its only me or 1-2 others tables. BUT this place was different. There was 5-6 tables plus me filled. Why I do not know!!

The food. I had a cup chowder $5  and a mahi mahi with black beans and rice $20 bucks. First the chowder. It was not clam chowder.. It tasted different. Lots of seafood of which I could not identify.
It was ok but not too thrilling overall. Snow Clam chowder is better.
The mahi mahi.  Never had it before... never again. It is just not worth the money.(20 bucks ) I will spend my coinage on beef. The black beans had no flavor. ( My wifey is from Brasil, they make black beans, I know black beans.) The yellow rice, no flavor at all. Mahi mahi tasted ok. The mango chutney actually gave it a kick. Not enough chutney. But really for the portion size and lack of flavor never again.
Still not sure why all the people. After I got home I was hungry again. Never More.
Service was excellent over all.





No comments:

Post a Comment