Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2019

Palmette-Pine County Club Restaurant

Palmetto-Pine Country Club Restaurant, SW 9th Ct., Cape Coral, Fl., Here is some chatter and my 2 cents on the food.
First chatter...
My first observation is that there was no ID of where the restaurant was. 2nd they allowed anyone to park and take up more than one space in the handicapped area.
When I enter I was greeted warmly and enthusiastically.
It was very nicely decorated.

The lunch menu was very limited to just wraps, salad and a burger or so.
I was able to get a cherry coke made. Thank you.

I got the house burger, medium rare, with cole slaw that is made with apricots of all things.
I do like cooks to experiment with traditional items, in this case it fails. It was not very sweet nor very salty. Just blaahhh. I saw some apricot but just pass.
Plus on the recommendation of my server I got the potato soup. It had cheese & bacon on top. It tasted like a liquid baked potato. Good and interesting.
Now the burger. I tried to like it but could not.It was cooked to medium rare. It was served on those awful brioche buns. When they get wet they fall apart.
Plus the grilled was not properly cleaned ( I have worked in a kitchen I know). I tasted the burnt parts from the grill not being clean with water.

I also got a small raspberry mousse for dessert, delightful.

But the thing that got me MOST mad was the bill.

They automatically  have the nerve to add a gratuity to my bill. I was not given the option of how much to give my waitress. ( note: she deserved 20%).
When asked the server, she stated she has no control over this plus she waits 2 weeks to get the taxed money.
This is obscene of  BIG BROTHER.  It is more the principle than money.
For this reason alone. I will never be back.






No comments:

Post a Comment