Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Mexico Lindo Restuarant

Mexico Lindo Restaurant, Del Prado Blvd., S., Cape Coral, FL., A growling in my tummy, 2 cents on the food and chatter.
Lets talk food. The chips were fresh out of a vendor bag.  Too uniform..The salsa, mmmm... When it is homemade there are usually 3... mild, spicy tomatillos,and red spicy. This tasted bottle made... bland for floridians.
I always go for the chili rellenos.  Refried beans, rice and guacamole.  It was just a average dish. Nothing special . The kind you find in most eateries. This was not a grandmother dish. If so they have diluted the uniqueness of it.
8 bucks for a no name Tequila Sunrise. Plus I did not have the joy of the swirl for my sunrise.   This is robbery. But this seems to be a common practice in Florida. I guess we pay for those commercial on TV.

Observations. The staff and Sheila, my server did an outstanding job. Place was very new bright and gaudy as is the nature of the mexico culture. Quality of food was fine. But really an 8 page menu.Too much. Too many american dishes, burrito, chimichanga etc.  (Both were create in 1950's in San Francisco, Ca. in the Mission District) How do I know??? I cook and I am foodie for over 30 years in the San Francisco Bay Area.




No comments:

Post a Comment