Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2015

Lobster Lady Seafood Market & Bistro, not as good as I thought

Here is my 2 cents on the food and a bit of chit chat.  I was here on a rainy Tuesday for lunch. I have had this booked marked for the past 3 years. It is seafood so it is pricy. I started with a sweet tea.. I asked if it was house made. I was told it was.  But to be honest it tasted like a commercial brand. I have tasted house made at 3 other eatery and know the difference.  But it could be my taste buds. It was OK.
I was offered a bit of fresh bread and butter.
It was delightful. Not too many places give fresh bread or rolls with meals any more. Wonderful.
 They had gumbo on the list. Great I love a good gumbo.
My last two gumbos were from a local southern eatery and out of a can. Eatery outstanding 5 stars. Can ehhhh.  Well I was disappointed with the Lobster Lady gumbo.  First it was not heated enough just above room temperature. Then way too salty for me. It had plenty of okra,shrimp,sausage etc. But to be honest I thought I was eating a slightly upgrade from out of the national brand can soup.Also there rice through out. It was not served on a bed of rice. Which was ok but it lack the proper flavor.
My sides were outstanding. The spinach was sauteed excellently. I am as always adventurous   . I got the Seaweed Salad. It was chilled and oh so good. .Too think a weed from the ocean could be so tasty. Who had the courage to try this. Well Done.
They had my favorite fish. Trout. It was delightful too.
Not overcooked just right. I had it almondine
I enjoyed it. But maybe a bit too much sauce. Again though that's just me. Over all a great entree. Thumbs up chef.

My server Kathleen ( I believe) was outstanding She did an excellent job.

Over a good experience..

No comments:

Post a Comment