Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Cantina Laredo, great surroundings, mediocre food

HI! here is my 2 cents with some  chit chat.  First it is very pretty. BUT way over price. I was in the area and was offered a free appetiser. Queso Laredo.
 It is priced at 10 bucks, it is that cheese in a bottle at the chips display that you find in a grocery store. It is served in a soup bowl with a bit of chopped tomatoes & onions. Along with mass produce chips. The chips were light and warmed. I was also given to salsa they seemed to be made in house. They were ok. I did ask for hotter stuff and got it. Smokey and made me sweat. Delish.
I also got a sweet tea. 3 bucks for this!!!!


My to go to dish in a mexican eatery is the chili rellenos.  It was served with rice and a medley of vegetables on the side. Rice thumbs up veggies  OK.
I am usually given 2 peppers filled with cheese.
Here I was offered beef, chix, or cheese. I got the beef. IT was big I must admit. It like 2 peppers melded together. But it was terrible they had mixed a bit of cinnamon with it.  Over all flavor yuck.  I had chili rellenos at a lower price ( here its 14 bucks) at 2 other local mom and pop places that were to die for. Here no..

Coming from California I know good mexican food. This is not. The decor is great. I thought the staff was outstanding.  But this is a touristy type place for folks who want entertainment not real experience or great food.
So if you have a big wallet lack of good taste for real mexican food come on down . This is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment