Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014

A MAN'S GARAGE

Well here I go letting out a secret of Cape Coral. An honest and great auto repair shop.

This place has been around for 30 years. They sometimes have more business than they can handle.  It is an old school garage. No free coffee ,TV, donuts, only free rides if available , .75 soda machine , a small 3 chair waiting room. Pin up pics in the garage. A Man Man Garage. ...(Remember The Duke, John Wayne)

What do they have, fair rates, good work and honest dealing.
2 weeks ago I went into the garage to have some work done according to my  service guide. The guy said brake fluid ,coolant ,power steering ,not necessary unless there an issue. Or change in color. Sounded common sense to me.

1 week later my strut was making noise. They check it out , gave me a statement of the problem.. I made an appointment./estimate.
In the meantime, while I waited, I had ask customers of their experience here. All good reports..... Almost all had been coming here for 10-20 years and all by word of mouth.

At home I checked on line made phone calls... In the 4-5 estimates by phone most were 100.00 or more higher in cost. Same on-line. This was a simple fix.

The only problem I ran into was getting a ride and timing. Since POOR MAN is so popular you have to be forgiving. (While chatting with the owner he mention he did a $18,000.00 week a week or so ago ) Its a small shop with only 2-3 guys (owner included) and  some part timers. Sounds good.

So if you are willing to save some money and want to take a chance on others experience.  Give them a try.  Be aware they are back from Pine Island about 150 yards and the only landmark at this time is a green Bus Stop bench. My gps got me lost the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment