Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2018

Brookes Restaurant & Lounge

Brookes Restaurant & Lounge, Hancock Bridge Pkwy, Cape Coral, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.

I order the a special of the day, a blacken fish sandwich  with cole slaw and fries.
Blacken should be spicy. So I made the special request for then to kick it up. They did.
Around here anything that suppose to be spicy is wimpy. You must ask to ensure.

The fish was blacken on a toasted bun. A fantastic side of cole slaw. Creamy, sweet a bit tart best in the area. I got a cup of chili. Not so good. Lots of ground beef and beans. But TOO  sweet from the tomatoes. Its needs more cumin, cayenne pepper and onions.
Large portion of fries.
My taste buds are more sophisticated than the local yodels so I have to kick things up a notch.
All for 11 bucks or so. Plus a additional bottomless soda pop.
Generally this place always has good chow.
Service was grand. When in doubt on what to eat this is the place to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment